Courtesy Pay Opt-In/Out Form
For Debit Card and ACH Transactions
Please complete the form at the bottom of the page after reading the following disclosure.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when your Available Balance, as defined in your Consumer Membership Account Agreement, is not sufficient to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway.
Texans Credit Union can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have our standard overdraft practices (Courtesy Pay) that come with your account.
- We also offer Overdraft Protection plans, such as a link to a savings, money market account or line of credit, which may be less expensive than Courtesy Pay. To learn more, ask us about these plans
This notice explains our Courtesy Pay coverage.
What is the Courtesy Pay coverage that comes with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts (via Courtesy Pay), for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments deducted from your account
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts on consumer accounts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
Texans utilizes Courtesy Pay to pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize the use of Courtesy Pay for an overdraft, your transaction will be declined or returned.
What fees will I be charged if Texans Credit Union pays my overdraft through Courtesy Pay?
Under our Courtesy Pay coverage:
- A $35 Overdraft Courtesy Pay fee is assessed every time we pay a transaction that causes an overdraft. If we do not pay a transaction, the Overdraft Insufficient Funds fee of $35 applies.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Texans Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions via Courtesy Pay?
If you want Texans to authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday debit card transaction via Courtesy Pay, or would like to change your authorization at a later date, complete the section below and click Submit. You may also call us at 972.348.2000 (800.843.5295). We will update your selection within two business days of receipt.
For additional information, click here.