Why Texans Credit Union
Here, you're more than a member. You're a Texan. Being a Texan comes with a feeling of pride, respect, hard work, and dedication to making the lives around us better. Our commitment to you is to reinforce that feeling with every interaction. We're proud to be Texans and we want you to be too.
Keep More of Your MoneySince we're a not-for-profit organization, we're able to provide you with low fees and great rates. That means keeping more of your money in your pocket.
Exceptional ServiceWe're here to help you through every step of your financial journey. With member service that goes above and beyond your needs, at Texans, you'll always be treated like family.
Convenient BankingAccess your money when you want it, the way you want it. With mobile, online, ATM, and in branch banking, wherever you go, you're never far from Texans.
Who Can Join
Immediate family of a Texans Credit Union member.
Anyone who lives, works, or attends school in the counties we serve is eligible for membership.
Any employee who works for a Texans Preferred Business within the counties we serve.
Once you join, you're a member for life, regardless of where you live, work or go to school after membership is established. Membership at Texans Credit Union is open to:
- Individuals who live, work, or attend school in the Texas counties of Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Fannin, Fort Bend, Grayson, Harris, Hunt, Kaufman, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, and Williamson.
- Employees who work for a Texans Preferred Business within one of the above counties.
- Immediate family of a current Texans Credit Union member or of an individual who is eligible for membership by the above standards.
How Do I Join
It's easy to become a Texan! If you are 18 or older, you can complete your membership application online. You can also open an account at any local branch. You'll need to:
1. Verify your identity using the Identification Requirements below.
2. Provide your address, contact information, and Social Security number.
3. Fund your new savings account with a minimum of $5 using a debit card or ACH payment.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Accepted Forms of Identification
- Driver's license1
- State ID
- Military ID (in-branch only)
- US passport (with photo and signature)
- US government ID
- Texas concealed handgun license
- Permanent resident / Resident alien card
1 Temporary license - please call 972.348.2000 for more information.